Monday, November 18, 2013

MAC DUPES - RED, BRIGHT AND DARK LIPSTICKS FROM SLEEK MAKEUP

How cool is it that I have found dupes for some of the most beautiful and most popular Mac lipsticks, all from Sleek Makeup??
Sleek immediately became one of my favourite brands when I first discovered it a few years ago thanks to Sam and Nic Chapman, the Pixiwoo sisters :-)

Their quality/price ratio is extraordinary.
I ADORE their iDivine eyeshadow palettes, their blushes, their Pout Polishes AND their lipsticks!
See why :-)

Left: MAC IMPASSIONED - Right: SLEEK HEARTBREAKER

Mac Impassioned - Sleek Heartbreaker
Heartbreaker is more matte, but the similarity in colour and pigmentation is sensational, especially being this such a unique shade.
(see me wear Impassioned in Mac Impassioned lipstick)

Left: MAC RUBY WOO - Right: SLEEK STILETTO

Mac Ruby Woo - Sleek Stiletto
Stiletto is neither as bright nor as matte, but to be fair, what can be as bright and as matte as THE MOST bright and matte red of all times Ruby Woo??
Other than that, I find Stiletto to be a great dupe!
(see me wear RubyWoo in Mac Russian Red vs RubyWoo)

Left: MAC DIVA - Right: SLEEK CRANBERRY

Mac Diva - Sleek Cranberry
These two are really close to being identical. Again, the Sleek one is just slightly less matte and less pigmented, but Mac matte lipsticks are the top of their range, so the fact that Sleek as such an inexpensive drugstore brand can get so close to being identical to them is amazing.

Left: MAC DEEPLY ADORED - Right: SLEEK CHERRY

Mac Deeply Adored (limited edition from the Marilyn Monroe collection) - Sleek Cherry
I can't see any differences here. Colour, finish and pigmentation, they all look the same to me.

And last but not least, probably the current most fashionable and buzzed about lipstick from Mac:

Left: MAC FLAT OUT FABULOUS - Right: SLEEK MYSTIC

Mac Flat Out Fabulous - Sleek Mystic
Mystic is clearly more purple than Flat Out Fabulous, which in the side-by-side comparison comes up as more pink.
I guess one of the two shades is more of a true magenta than the other, but I can't decide which one it is haha :-D
Anyway, I have many magenta lipsticks and this one by Sleek is really the one that comes closest to Flat Out Fabulous.
(see me wear Flat Out Fabulous in Mac Flat Out Fabulous lipstick)
 
And here are some more posts with dupes for Mac lipsticks :)
 
I would love to know how you like these dupes, and if you have found other alternatives in your collection, please leave me a comment!!

Love,
MJ



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for writing me, I will get back to you asap :-*