Saturday, March 8, 2014

THE PRINCESS TAG

This tag is about our favourite high-end / luxury products.
I have been seeing it going around on YouTube for a while and decided I'd join in!

So here are all the categories:

FOUNDATION
If you read my blog you already know that there is just one and only foundation I use, and it's L'Oreal Lumi Magique - True Match Lumi in the US -, a drugstore product.
I like it to the point of almost feeling like it was custom made for me and my skin, and since I first tried it 2 years ago I have never touched another foundation again.

That said, there's a few high-end foundations I have been wanting to try, so I will include these in this category as a sort of wish-list.
  • Nars Sheer Glow
  • Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua
  • Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer
  • Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk
If you use or have tried these foundations, can you please give me your opinions or recommendations in a comment? :-*

CONCEALER
Clinique Line Smoothing concealer. I like it because it is very creamy and doesn't dry my undereye area, and gives me a very natural but still brightening finish.
If you have oily skin, you might want to try it first to make sure it suits your skin type.

POWDER
I NEVER use powder to set my foundation, nor for touch ups during the day.
First of all, I just don't need it because my skin is dry. I think it looks really cakey with powder, which I HATE.
Second, I like my skin to look dewy and I would even say - not oily, but shiny :-)

What I do if I want to freshen up - literally - my make up is spray my Caudalie Beauty Elixir, a very luxurious-feeling toning mist of essential oils like orange, rosemary, mint, rose and grape, all of plant origin.
It is formulated without parabens, mineral oils or animal ingredients.
It contains alcohol so make sure you close your eyes when you spray it! :-) And shake it before use.

But there is a powder in my luxury products wish-list: one of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders. I have heard such amazing reviews about them that I really really would love to try them.

BRONZER
I am choosing this both for the product and the packaging: Nars Laguna bronzer.
I have it as part of the limited edition Blush/Bronzer Trio from 2011which unites three iconic Nars products: Orgasm blush, Albatross highlighter and Laguna bronzer.
The trio comes in a small (a little bigger than the palm of your hand) sturdy zip-up case with a big mirror in it, so in theory it has all the elements to be perfect when you are on the go or travelling.

Nars Blush/Bronzer Trio

All the elements except one: the price tag.
So you'd be crazy if you thought that I just carry it around carelessly everywhere I go.
I only save it for the most special occasions, and I have to admit, I feel at my most luxurious when I pull it out of my bag, unzip it, and touch up my Orgasm blush while looking into the big mirror hahaha!!!! :-D

BLUSH
One word: Orgasm.
Nars.

If you would like a more in-depth review on Nars Orgasm blush, Multiple and Illuminator please go to Nars Orgasm - Blush, Multiple and Illuminator :-)

HIGHLIGHTER
Again, Nars Multiple in Orgasm, a golden pink paradise.
I am wearing it here Mac All Fired Up lipstick ^_^

EYESHADOW
Dior 5 Colour Eyeshadow palettes. They're so buttery and pigmented, and over the years they have come up with some colour combinations to die for.
On top of this, in my opinion you really can't beat Dior packaging.

EYELINER
I have never had the chance to try them yet, but the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils are on top of my wish-list.

MASCARA
Dior Diorshow Black Out.
And Helena Rubinstein Spider Eyes mascara base as the base I just can't do without.

LIPSTICK
YSL Rouge Volupté lipsticks. They feel so smooth and creamy, and the packaging is deliriously luxurious.
The very first feeling I had about these is that they were so creamy that they almost didn't sit right on the lips, I don't know if anybody else experienced this. But I have then grown into liking them :-)
I am wearing them in different shades in these looks
My Mardi Gras make up
Mac Reflects Antique Gold - New Year's Eve
Neon Glam make up look

YSL Rouge Volupte 01 Nude Beige

LIP LINER
Estee Lauder lip pencil in Spice. It is a dark matte browny pink and it was one of the key products for this look The 90s - Supermodels and Madonna inspired, where I wore it all over my lips as a lipstick too.

LIPGLOSS
Dior Addict Gloss. They are lovely to wear and give your lips an amazing mirror shine! And again, I'm in love with their packaging too.
I am wearing one of them in a very dramatic shade in this look Halloween Queen

BROW PRODUCT
To be really honest, I'm not a big fan of brows :-/
I mean, even after Cara Delevingne's brows have taken the world by storm, I'm still not sure :-/
Anastasia Beverly Hills please cover your ears, but like, if I had to choose between a statement brow or a bleached brow, I would go for the bleached brow. Such a visionary, ethereal look!

BUT - Anastasia Beverly Hills, if you ever read this, please it would be my dream to have my eyebrows done by you, so if you have a spot for me in your Beverly Hills salon I will be beyond honored to come over!! ^_^

NAIL POLISH
Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Phallic, a B E A U T I F U L midnight blue with an electric blue shimmer.

If you want to do this tag, or have already done it, please write me in a comment the link to your blog post or video, and I'll be sure to come and see!

And if you want to see the drugstore / high-street version of the Princess, go to The Drugstore Diva, that's how I named the tag myself hahaha! :-D
xoxo

Love
MJ

2 comments:

  1. Envy you for not using any powder but still you have no problem to keep your make-up set perfectly on your face and you look fabulous..!!! I have this oily skin and without powder, my make up will start to come off in less than an hour...! I sometimes exaggerate with the powder so as you said, it gets cakey, which i hate as well..it's never easy to do anything with moderation.! :( My favourite high-end ones are giorgio armani loose powder and guerlain les voilettes loose powder..! Have been using guerlain for years but then the price got much higher these days..(imagine, when i started using it, it costed 35 euros..but now...almost 50..) so i bought something cheaper last time...which of course is not as good as guerlain.. :( I still remember when i bought my first Orgasm back in 2004 when i was living in Paris. It was at the Sephora on champs-elysees..many korean girls had been raving about it for sometime then...and they STILL do..! As you say..it's one and only i guess..! I think i will follow you with Nars multiple Orgasm...You convinced me to buy it whether it's intended or not...!;)) looove the Caudalie Elixir as well...it is so naturally good...! :)) are Dior and HR mascaras good and well water-proofed..?? I always thought Lancome water proof mascara was the best...i never tried any other high-end brand mascaras apart from Lancome cause i was scared to get smudges all around my eyes..!but then for last few years i've been using some japanese drug store brand which are much lower in price and that are super water proof.
    Got lots of tips from this post...! And found out that both of us like the same products for certain things..! As always, i truly enjoy reading your post, MJ! You probably know that too, don't you..?;)Hope you are having a nice weekend..!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YI you're so knowledgeable about both make up products and skincare, and your comments are always so detailed and interesting, I really wish you started your own make up blog my friend!!
      This comment alone you wrote for me could make for a blogpost itself!!
      Please think about it!!

      The Dior and HR mascaras I use are not waterproof.
      I have never used waterproof mascaras. This is another product I never felt I had a reason to try, so I'm sorry I can't share opinions here :-(

      Thank you so much again for always enriching my blog with your comments, love you :-*

      Delete

Thank you for writing me, I will get back to you asap :-*