Monday, May 26, 2014

MY MAC NEON ORANGE LOOK + DUPES

Mac Dreaming Dahlia + Star Quality

This is the look I created with my favourite orange lip duo that I had first showed here Lip Duo tag

It is Mac Dreaming Dahlia lipstick with its lipgloss counterpart Star Quality on top.
They are both limited edition from the recent Fantasy of Flowers collection - Star Quality had already been released before so check your collection! - but in case you missed them I found some dupes for you :-)

Mac Dreaming Dahlia - L'Oreal 373 Magnetic Coral

Mac Dreaming Dahlia is the most perfect bright orange lipstick, I'm so in love with it, I can't take my eyes off it.
It has a Lustre finish and it is slightly cool toned.

L'Oreal Color Riche 373 Magnetic Coral is NOT coral at all, as you can see haha.
It has more yellow in it than Dreaming Dahlia and it is more opaque, but overall they are very similar.

Mac Star Quality - Nyx Peach Cobbler

Mac Star Quality is a neon pinky orange. Again, so beautiful, I'm obsessed with this duo.

Nyx Butter Gloss in Peach Cobbler is more yellow and more pigmented - to achieve the same opacity as Peach Cobbler I needed 2 coats of Star Quality - but it's definitely a great dupe, especially for such a unique shade.

Ladies I hope you love this lip combination as much as I do! <3
What is your favourite orange for this summer??

Stay beautiful
Love
MJ

2 comments:

  1. Those colours are almost identical.!!!!!i seriously cannot notice much difference..!wow.......!
    This lipstick+lipgloss does give a very strong effect on your lips, it's almost as if you'd put some silicone on your lips....!!!especially the lower part...!!!who needs a plastic surgery when there are lipstick+lipgloss that do the same job perfectly...!!!
    I usually wear only a lipstick, but after reading this post, now i feel like using both lipstick and gloss....! I'll probably do so tomorrow..!!!;)) thank you MJ..!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mac lipglosses really make your lips look like plastic, in the most positive way of course! :-)
      It is a very bold look but that's what we're here for, right?? :-D

      Thank you for reading and for your nice comment, love you xx

      Delete

Thank you for writing me, I will get back to you asap :-*